Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Not really dissappointed, just more disturbed

Ok, so we went to see Revolutionary Road starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet a couple nights ago and like the blog title says, I was not disappointed but more disturbed. It was Leo and Kate's reunion on screen and I have to say I have an icky feeling now. I love both as actors because they are great and I recently saw Kate Winslet on Leno and I think she seems really nice and very funny but in this movie she was disturbing. Now I won't get into plot or story line because I don't want to spoil the movie but I will say that I was hoping for some more strong LOVE like in Titanic. A love that can over come anything and that will last through time, Revolutionary Road definitely did not deliver that.

It was definitely award worthy with the intense acting and of course the controversy (what award winning movie doesn't have controversy?) but it doesn't make you leave saying, "Wow, that was a great film." It makes you leave saying, "hmmm, that was...hmmm." I respect the movie for what it was and the art of the film but it made me feel sad and scared and DISTURBED! Really that is all that I will say because I cannot discuss it without giving to much away but that is my little review. I'm not saying that it was a bad movie, I think it is very worthy of any acclaim, it was just not what I thought it was about. As a matter of fact, a lot of big movies these days are keeping the suspense so that you will go see it and then they shock you in the theatre. Good tactic I guess.
P.S. I will say that Leo was "so pretty" in this movie :)

1 comment:

Shannon said...

I was wondering how that movie would be...from the previews I saw on Ellen it didn't look like a glowing example of a marriage relationship. That's Hollywood for you....keep the faith.
Shannon