Tuesday, February 17, 2009

My favorite poem

Years and years ago when I was fresh out of college and got a job as a mortgage loan officer at a little office in Chula Vista (with a very crazy boss) I got this in an email...

If God had a refrigerator, your picture would be on it.
If He had a wallet, your photo would be in it.
He sends you flowers every spring.
He sends you a sunrise every morning.
Whenever you want to talk, He listens.
He can live anywhere in the universe, but He chose your heart.
Face it friend, He is crazy about you!
God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow,
or sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day,
comfort for the tears, and light for the way.

At that time, circa 2003/2004, I was going through some stuff and I often found myself very down and easily defeated whether in my personal life or at work (we all know I wasn't cut out to be in the mortgage sales industry). I printed this out one day and put it on my desk under one of those clear desk pads. Every time I would move desks (I had 9 different desks in 3 different offices over the years) the same clipping went with me. To this day I still have it on my desk at home and am looking at it right now.

The reason that I am sharing this is because at church on Sunday this poem was in our bulletin and it made me reminiscent. I have been looking at this poem on a daily basis for almost 6 years now and I still love it, it gives me comfort and hope. I have shed a lot of tears over the years but I have also gained a lot of strength through God and going to church. I am a much stronger person now than I was 5 years ago and while some of that my have come from growing up, a lot is from my faith and trust in God.

Just thought that I would share my favorite poem and some thoughts :)

No comments: