Saturday, January 16, 2010

Leap Year or Romantic Comedy for that matter

So tonight my mother, sister and I went to see Leap Year and I L-O-V-E-D, loved it! I am a sucker for a good romantic comedy and this is definitely up there in my top 5 girl movies ever. I love the chemistry, the flirting, the fighting and then of course the ending where the guy gets the girl and this one had it all. You see, I am a romantic to the bone, I love the idea and excitement of a good romance. I love to watch a movie where a girl meets a guy, hates the guy and then falls head over heals in love for the guy, it gives me butterflies! Since I was a little girl my mom and sister and I have watch romantic comedies not just once or twice but over and over and over again. Give me French Kiss, You've Got Mail and Sweet Home Alabama (when SHA was in the movies I saw it 3 days in a row!) any day and I would be in heaven. This will be added to my DVD collection the minute it hits Targets shelves. Some movies are cute and really good and super romantic but there are only a handful that I can watch over and over and this is one of them. Of course I like other sorts of movies, but there is just something about a romantic comedy that draws me in. For example The Blind Side, now The Blind Side has been out for a while and everyone says that it is soooo good, and I am sure that it is and eventually I will see it. However, if you give me a movie ticket, I will 100% of the time choose to see the latest romantic comedy. I know that The Blind Side is supposed to win all kinds of awards and that movies like Leap Year and Sweet Home Alabama will NEVER win awards but I still choose romantics. I can't really describe it, when I was younger it was that feeling that you get when you see a romantic movie and you can't wait to grow up and someday have that 1st kiss with someone and fall in love. Now that I am older it is knowing that feeling 1st hand and having lived it which makes it all the more exciting to watch, just my opinion. It's the possibility of love and the truth of love that gets and has always gotten me. I love it!!! It's the fantasy of love, the enchantment of love and the butterflies of love that have me day dreaming for days after. Am I a freak? Probably but that's okay :).

Oh and it also helps that the male lead is always so cute and sexy and in the case of Leap Year Declan, the lead, is both cute (gorgeous rather) and sexy but with a hint of pain and small town boy (very similar to Sweet Home Alabama but Irish instead). Also, the lead in this one, Matthew Goode, I have loved since I saw him in a lesser known romantic comedy, Chasing Liberty with Mandy Moore, which I love love love as well.

Basically, go see it if you want a good, fuzzy feeling, perfect ending kind of movie where you walk out and want to run away to Ireland to find that gorgeous, brooding, bearded face, small village Irishman to sweep you off your feet (oh wait I'm married, just kidding Miah ;)). Plus who doesn't love Amy Adams?!?!?! Oh and Ireland?!?!?! I have to go to Ireland now :)

2 comments:

Liz said...

Sooo did you really love the movie? Just kidding. Shannon and I saw it too and it was GREAT! We both were commenting on how we are suckers for romantic comedies! I still haven't seen The Blind Side which I really want to see, but I have seen Leap Year and It's Complicated! I want to go to Ireland now too but I wanted to go after I saw PS I Love You (another top 10 movie!) Miss ya, cause I totally would have gone with you to see that one!

Shannon said...

I loved it too...the chemistry was great. I loved the banter! Lets all go to Ireland!!!!!!!!