Thursday, July 9, 2009

Italian Honeymoon part 2

So where was I...oh yes, we were boarding the plane. Here is journal entry 2 of 3:

June 7, 2009 7PM
We made it on the 1st portion of our travels, 10 1/2 hours on Lufthansa flight 453 and I have to say it wasn't that bad at all. It seems like we only flew for 4 or 5 hours because the flight was so pleasant. Each seat had a monitor for watching TV, movies, music or flight info. I watched "Confessions of a Shopaholic" and an episode of "How I met Your Mother." They fed us dinner and breakfast and it was all you can DRINK (so not American). After dinner they had all the passengers close their windows and turned off all the lights so that everyone could sleep. After 2 glasses of wine I was feeling very cozy and nodded off for 5 hours of uninterrupted sleep. I never even woke up with an aching back or neck. It was a very pleasant flight indeed. Now we are sitting in the "Italian Airlines" section of the Munich airport awaiting out next flight into Rome. We got our passports stamped when we changed terminals so mow my passport reads...07.06.09 96 Flughafen Munchen. Can't wait to get my Italian stamp. So exciting!!! We are officially WORLD TRAVELERS!!! :):):) (end entry)

Funny thing is, I was so excited about that Munich stamp and so excited to get my Italian stamp but Italy never made us go through Passport Authority and so we never got an Italian passport stamp :(. Actually to be honest there really seemed to be a lack of security at the Rome airport, not like the US or Germany at all. The guys that were supposed to monitor the x-ray bag machines were chatting and never looked at our bags as they passed through.

We ended up arriving in Rome around 9PM after a short plane trip on Air Italia from Munich. Our little snack box contained prosciutto and a really good roll with hot tea served by the stewardesses. Upon our Roman arrival we took a cab to our hotel, checked in and then walked to dinner at a local restaurant around the corner. The food was delicious, I had raviolis with a creme sauce that contained truffles (my favorite) and Jeremiah wanted scallops in a wine sauce but when he asked for them the waitress thought he said scallopini which is veal in a wine sauce. Not what he wanted but still very delicious. Then it was off to the hotel for bed so that we could begin our Italian Honeymoon.

No comments: