Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Our quick trip to Sequim, WA

Hi all!  Remember my post a few weeks back about being  CRAZY SALLY sometimes???  The post was all about how sometimes I have "blonde" moments, this time in particular I accidentally made plane tickets for 3 weeks later than I thought.  Well, we finally made the trip and here are a few photos from that quick little 47 hour, yes that's right 47 hour, trip to see our cousin Sarah, her beautiful baby boy Jonathan, her oh so cute and super sweet soon to be husband Chris and our Auntie Cheryl. 

It was a fast trip but we had a really good time and took some really cool pictures.  These are a few but the majority were taken on Sarah's camera, mostly of an amazing hike we went on.  Oh well, maybe someday I will get them from her and show you all how the woods reminded me of Twilight and then tell you how I had a dream that Jacob and Edward were fighting over me, Jacob won ;).  That's a whole other story for a later post.  (Sequim is just east of Forks and La Push on the 101, we were so close!!!) Is my inner Twilight obsessed teeny bopper side showing a little to much? I'll put her away for now :)

Moving on...these first 2 pictures are at the water that is just a short 5 minute walk to the end of their street.  Sequim is on the Dungeness Bay in Washington and just across the water to the southeast of Victoria, Canada.
From Sequim, WA
From Sequim, WA
This one is of their cute home.
From Sequim, WA
This one is the view as we drove onto the ferry to get back to Seattle.
From Sequim, WA
From Sequim, WA
I would put pictures on here of Jonathan but Sarah and Chris don't want him posted on the internet so I will respect their parental wishes. I will say though that he is so super cute with the cutest natural mohawk of curls on top of his head :).

It was such a beautiful place, so green and lush, I wish we could live there but still be close to our families here.

No comments: