Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer is busy busy busy

This summer is already proving to be busier than ever with weddings to work on, events to attend and friends to hang out with but I am having fun!  I posted a comment on Facebook the other day because I was getting overwhelmed by the busy-ness of life...this is the response I got


Sally Preston-Gonzalez was thinking of planning a little summer trip soon, then I remembered I don't have a free weekend till the fall, then I was sad :(



Paula Thedford
But then you were happy. Because you are busy with friends and family and a job you love. All great things my dear :)
Ruthie Preston Kadolph
Ruthie Preston Kadolph
then you remembered you could go on an early-mid week getaway for 1/2 the price of a weekend stay!

and this little conversation between a friend and my sister reminded me of how lucky I am.  I have a job that I absolutely love, freedom to work when I want, a wonderful husband, an amazing family and wonderful friends.  What more could I ask for?  I remembered that I don't have to dread going to work each morning and I don't have to sit in a office all day waiting for the clock to strike 5, life is good!  
It's funny how now matter what your situation is, sometimes you need to be kicked in the B-U-T-T to be reminded that what you have is GREAT!  It really is so easy sometimes to complain and see things as "a glass half empty" or "greener on the other side".  I was easily getting overwhelmed this summer but now I have changed my attitude, thanks Paula and Sister, and decided to enjoy these warm days even when working every weekend.  

Is it just me that needs this kick?  Or do you need one too sometimes?

While I probably won't be making it to the beach much, I will leave you with this lovely summer San Diego sunset...

No comments: