Tuesday, November 15, 2011

A Letter to my Son



Dear Eli,

You are my first born, my first son...you are my everything!  The moment I laid eyes on you I fell in love, you were no longer the little guy in my belly who kicked around and gave me heart burn.  You were finally here and I finally got to hold you and touch you.  I have wanted to be a mom for as long as I can remember and you are the special one that made that wish and dream come true.  When I hold you it seems like you fit so well in my arms, like you were shaped perfectly just for me.  It seems in a way that I have waited my whole life to hold you and be your mom and now that you are here I feel complete.  When I look down at your little face sleeping in my arms, I am sad at the idea of you getting bigger and not wanting me to hold you anymore but I am excited to see what kind of person you become.  Will you enjoy sports?  Will you be sweet and kind?  Will you be funny like your daddy?  Will you be tall?  All these things I can't wait to find out but no matter what you are, I will always love you.

This afternoon, you and I read our first book together, it was called "Love You Forever" and as I read it out loud I started to cry because it is about a mother and son and how they both get older but no matter what, the mother always says to her baby boy "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, As long as I'm living, my baby you'll be".  I hope that I get to read that book many more times to you as you grow up and I hope that you will always remember that no matter what, I will ALWAYS love you, for you will always be my baby Eli.  You and I will have many adventures together and we will learn many things together, good and bad, but either way I can't wait for them all. 

You are surrounded by so much love and so much family who were all excited to see you come into this world.  They too can't wait to watch you grow, but no one is more excited than your Daddy.  He gets up with you every morning to change your diaper and to spend his Daddy/Eli time.  He calls you "my baby" and since you just started coo-ing and smiling, he has full coo-ing conversations with you.  Your Daddy has many nieces and nephews and has been around lots of babies so he is pretty comfortable with you but I have never seen him so in love as he is with you.  You light up his eyes and when I look at him watching you, I can see all his dreams coming true too.  You have made us a family and we hope that we will be the best parents that we can for you.

I love you so very much!

Love,
Your Mommy

1 comment:

mary retoriano said...

That book "Love you Forever" has and always will make me cry at just the mere mention of it. When my kids were a little bit older, and I would read it to them, they wouldn't even look at the book. They would stare at me, waiting for the waterworks to start!