Friday, February 10, 2012

Spring Wreath Tutorial

While Eli took a nap a few days ago and while Jeremiah was home, I snuck in a craft project.  I wanted to make a spring wreath and I had some stuff laying around (well mostly flower stuff in my flower studio) so I turned this lovely one out. 

Here is what I started with:
-round foam wreath form
-ribbon of various colors
-glue gun and glue sticks
-scraps of material
-felt
-bag of left over moss
-buttons
-craft bird and mini nest

Step1:
I wrapped the wreath with a light green ribbon so that if the moss didn't cover the entire wreath solidly then the color behind it would blend in.
As I went along wrapping I added a squirt of glue about every 2-3 inches
Then I was left with this

Step2:
Next I started gluing the moss to the front of the wreath  and was left with this. 

I decided that I was going to have to fill in the outside as well as the inside so I started gluing more.  The moss has its own shape so I just glued piece by piece and no order or fashion, just where it was needed.

Step3:
I glued the bird into the nest.
Step4: 
I made 4 flowers.  The largest fabric flowers is a tutorial from Jones Design Company here as well as the rolled fabric flower here
The other/ribbon flowers are just simple flowers I played around with till I found something I like.  For the orange flower the you tube video here best describes it and for the blue flower I just made 2 loops and cinched the middles and then glued one on top of the other.

Step5:
Decide placement of all the fun items

Step6:
Hang on the door and admire.




Hope you enjoy and have fun making your own.  Anyone else have fun wreaths they have made lately?

No comments: