Monday, August 29, 2011

I am finally DONE!

The Nursery is COMPLETE!  I am sure I will move some minor things around here and there but this is the final design.  Here it is...

So as I said a few posts ago, I took down the closet doors and hung these curtains that match the bedding and I hung blue curtains with sheers for some privacy.  I also hung the prints from this Etsy store that spell out ELI.

I put down the baseboards which was a long process but not too bad in the end, if I had anymore energy left I would finish the rest of the house but I have a feeling that I am done until after Eli is born, and then who knows how long it will take to get the energy to do them after that.




And lastly, I made some tissue paper pom poms and hung them with some paper stars above the crib and in the corner by the changing table/dresser.  I was going for this look.



 I am so happy with it and I love all the colors, now I just can't wait for him to be here so we can hold him and kiss him!

The finished list...
  • paint the closet cabinets glossy white
  • hang the curtains over the windows
  • hang the printed curtains for the closet doors
  • put down the baseboards
  • order these prints from Sea Urchin Studio on Etsy to hang above the crib
  •  find an area rug
  • wait for the rocker/recliner to come in 
  • decide what sort of art to hang on the wall above the rocker/recliner (collage, canvas maternity shot, etc)
  • make orange pom poms out of tissue paper to hang with paper star lanterns in the corner next to the shelves

No comments: