Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Nursery TO-DO List

(I've already accomplished some of these since I posted this earlier today!)

In order to finish the nursery I have the following to do:
  • paint the closet cabinets glossy white
  • hang the curtains over the windows
  • hang the printed curtains for the closet doors
  • put down the baseboards
  • order these prints from Sea Urchin Studio on Etsy to hang above the crib
  •  find an area rug...got a new rug for the living room and it arrived today so I just put the old living room one in the nursery
  • wait for the rocker/recliner to come in 
  • decide what sort of art to hang on the wall above the rocker/recliner (collage, canvas maternity shot, etc)
  • make orange pom poms out of tissue paper to hang with paper star lanterns in the corner next to the shelves
So there is still a lot to do but it's coming along and I am hoping to be done soon cause my mobility is diminishing.  Oh and speaking of shelves, here are a few shots of what they look like all hung and decorated.


The collection of books on the lower shelf is actually my sister and I's books from when we were little and the teddy bear on the top right is my bear Patches from when I was a little girl; he actually went off to college with Jeremiah back in 1998.  It was fun to fill the shelves with things from the past and I am not sure if it will all stay up there but for now I am satisfied. 

As far as the rest of the room, here are some of the areas mentioned above that need to be completed...
This is the closet area where I need to paint the cabinets and surrounding area with high gloss white paint and then I am going to take the doors off and hang curtains that match the crib bedding, from Dwell Studios at Target.

This is the ceiling corner where I will be hanging the orange pom poms and paper star lanterns to fill in the dead space and will be a nice contrast to the blue curtains that have yet to be hung.

Oh and since I have never shared the finished dresser here it is all pretty and white.  I can't find a before shot but it was a light golden wood color before (notice the lack of baseboards on the floor).
That's all I have for now.

:)

1 comment:

redheadchick said...

I love the contrast of the white furniture and dark flooring. Very classy!