Wednesday, September 1, 2010

September is here!

Which means...fall is going to start, leaves will fall, kids go back to school, Jeremiah turns 30, wedding season starts to slow (not end just slows), fall television starts up (yippee!), temperatures start to drop (hopefully) and I will turn 29!!!

In case you are wondering, and want to mark your calenders, my birthday (along with my twin sis) is on September 18th and I will be starting the last year of my 20's.  It's been a big decades, them 20's!  But I am sure that the decades to come will prove even bigger. 

I love September, not only because it's my birthday month but because it is the time of the year that temps start to feel cozy and comfy.  The time of year when the darker colors come out in fashion and I am reminded of things like lace up black leather shoes, knee high socks and plaid; I get nostalgic. 

You see, from kindergarden to 8th grade I went to parochial school and wore a uniform every day and absolutely loved it.  In fact here is a picture of me and my sister all dressed up in uniform.
September reminds me of these freshly ironed uniforms and backpacks full of new school supplies.  So much fun, especially now that I don't actually have to go "back to school". 

So to remember these uniformed days, I designed an outfit that is reminiscent of parochial school but something that I would wear now for these crisp fall days to come (oh wait we live in So. Cal and Santa Ana's are coming), a girl can dream ...